|A remainder of the "high knoll" on which the orphanage was built in 1912.|
In the newspaper article "First Building at Orphanage" (Oklahoman, Aug,18, 1912, pg. 17) a physical description of the building materials and location was given.
The facility was planned to occupy 33 acres, the main (and first) structure would be located on a high knoll. The brick used in construction was red paving stones with white stone trimming.
The first three buildings planned were the main building of several floors, adjacent a church and an auditorium. Later a school building would be part of the auditorium plan.
Other sources, indicate the original acres were purchased in part by the Diochease and partly through a gift by a James Maney. In 1913 land was added making the total some 60 acres. (The Sooner Catholic, Sept 5, 1976: 6).